un pò di vita e di carriera...

« Older   Newer »

1.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator
    ok
    +110

Status
    Ho trovato una pagina sulla moglie di Robert...

NATA: Thousand Oaks, CA
    IL: 10/03/'74

Gabriella Salick ha cominciato a cavalcare all'età di 9 anni, si è laureata all'Università di Peinceton in Classici. Ha avuto una buona carriera come "Young Rider". Nel 1990 ha vinto una medaglia d'oro a squadre al "North American Young Riders Championships" e nel 1991 ha vinto una medaglia d'oro a squadre all'"U.S. Olympic Festival". Sempre in quell'anno ha vinto una medaglia d'oro a squadre e una d'argento individualmente al "Pennsylvania National Horse Show".

Nel 1993, Salick era una "Winter Equestrian Festival Circuit Champion" e nel 1994 si è guadagnata l'"USET Hermes Trophy", presentato annualmente al Young RIder che ha meglio esemplificato le idee dell'USET di sportività e di equitazione.

Nel 1995 ha rappresentato l'USET nel "Nations Cup" a Dublino, Irlanda. Nel 1996 ha vinto l'"American Grandprix Association Amateur-Owner Championship" e si è piazzata seconda al "Grand Prix Lugano" in Svizzera.

Salick e Sandstone Laurinn si sono piazzate terze, con un premio di 50,000 dollari, al "Grand Prix di Florida CSI-W" a Tampa nel 1998. Lo stesso anno, ha ricevuto una borsa di studio dall'USET per gareggiare in Europa dove ha cavalcato per il "Team in GiJon", in Spagna; Linz, Australia; e a Praga, Republica Ceca dove aiutò l'USET a piazzarsi secondo nella "Nations Cup".

Salick ha avuto il suo migliore "Grand Prix" internazionale nel 1999 quando era una di quelle che divenne conosciuta come "Fab Four" nel "United States Equestrian Team’s Developing Rider Tour". Con Sandstone Dorina, Salick aiutò l'USET a guadagnarsi il "Nations Cup" in Budapest, Ungheria, e a Falsterbo, in Svezia.

Nel 2000, Salick ebbe un anno impressionante con un secondo posto al "Budweiser Grand Prix di New York", 125,000 dollari, e con un terzo posto sia al "President's Cup" al "Washington International Horse Show", 100,000 dollari, che al "Budwesier Grand Prix De Penn National" ad Harrisburg, PA sempre con Sandstone Laurinn, 50,000 dollari.

Nel 2001, Salick ha cavalcato al suo primo "World Cup Final" in Gothenburg, Svezia e nel 2002 ha vinto il "Grand Prix CSI-C de Fontainebleau" in Francia e ha avuto molti buoni piazzamenti durante il "Cosequin Winter Equestrian Festival", incluso un terzo posto nel "Budewaiser American Invitational", 200,000 dollari.

DATA EVENTO & GUADAGNO PIAZZAMENTO/COMPAGNA
    2003 - $50,000 Rio Vista Grand Prix, Indio, CA - 1st/Sandstone Laurin;

2002 - Grand Prix CSI-C de Fontainebleau, France - 1st/Sandstone Laurinn;
    $200,000 Budweiser American Invitional, Tampa, FL - 3rd/ Sandstone Laurinn;
    $50,000 Bayer/USET Wellington Cup in West Palm Beach, FL - 2nd/ Sandstone con Pelota de Goma;
    $35,000 Nutrena Grand Prix of Palm Beach - 3rd// Sandstone con Pelota de Goma;

2001 - Bayer/USET Gold Coast Classic, Wellington, FL - 2nd/Sandstone Dorina;
    60,000 American Gold Cup, Devon, PA - 4th/ Sandstone Dorina;
    $100,000 Moore Cadillac Grand Prix - 6th/ Sandstone Dorina;
    Ox Ridge Grand Prix, Darien, CT - 3rd/Sandstone Dorina;

2000 - $25,000 Mayor's Jewelers Challenge Cup, Wellington, FL - 2nd/Sandstone Dorina;
    $125,000 Budweiser Grand Prix of New York, New York, NY - 2nd/Sandstone Laurinn;
    $100,000 President’s Cup, Washington International Horse Show, Washington, DC - 3rd/Sandstone Laurinn;
    $50,000 Budwesier Grand Prix De Penn National, Harrisburg, PA -3rd/Sandstone Laurinn;

1999 - CSIO Budapest, Hungary - 1st Team/Sandstone Dorina;
    CSIO Falsterbo, Sweden - 1st Team/Sandstone Dorina;
    $100,000 Budweiser/AGA Championship, Wellington, FL - 3rd/Sandstone Dorina.

Edited by sweetest thing - 9/12/2011, 17:11

2.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator
    ok
    +110

Status
    image image image image image

[Cliccate per allargare]

3.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator
    ok
    +110

Status

4.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator
    ok
    +110

Status
    Grazie a Nightdog Barks per la dritta:

Gaby Salick wins Memorial Day Grand Prix

"I went as fast as I thought I could," said Gaby Salick of her jump off ride aboard Gredo la Daviere at the $25,000 Memorial Day Classic Grand Prix (May 25, 2009). "I figured I would finish about third since I went second in the jump off and there were twelve." What Salick did not bargain for was the win, and she was thrilled. "I’ve never won a grand prix at the Los Angeles Equestrian Center and there are always the best crowds." Even more gratifying for Salick was the fact that her parents were in attendance and her four month old daughter, Eleanor.

After returning from time in Europe, Salick decided to focus on developing a jumper training business at her family’s ranch. Although she was pregnant with her first child, she wasn’t expecting four months of bed rest. "I am kind of re-building my business and figuring things out, but I really want to focus on jumpers." Salick’s pregnancy proved good timing for her 15 year old gelding Gredo la Daviere. The horse jumped for Greece at the 2004 Olympics (Athens) and after Salick purchased him in 2007 she struggled with soundness issues. Her pregnancy related bed rest served Gredo la Daviere well and the pair have jumped several grand prix courses in the past months. "After ‘our’ maternity leave he has come back fit and fresh," laughed Salick. "Today’s course was a lovely track and very friendly."

Resto dell'articolo

5.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator
    ok
    +110

Status
    By caramelmilk:

5d6f9e163656824

By moranequinephoto.com:

Gabriella Salick and Centuria 2
    jpg

By cgeman7:

By ConcettoFamos:

6.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator
    ok
    +110

Status
    Gabriella Salick and Centuria 2 Win the $30,000 Summer Festival Grand Prix

cd1af2342455031 8d7779342455036

Del Mar, CA - July 20, 2014 - A host of talented equestrians came out to play on a crystal clear afternoon at the Showpark Summer Festival, closing out a busy week of competition. Twenty-seven entries vied for the top prize in the $30,000 Summer Festival Grand Prix, presented by Mary's Tack & Feed, on an intricate course designed by Venezuela's Leopoldo Palacios.

Featuring a technical layout with many related distances that covered every corner of the Grand Prix Field, the course required accuracy and adherence to a set track and deliberately short distances. Palacios wanted this course to reflect a higher level of difficulty in comparison to Friday's Markel Insurance Grand Prix.

"The class on Friday was 1.40m. This is 1.45m. I have a lot more spread today; I treated Friday as preparation for today," Palacios explained. "Most everything is set at maximum height. It's a technical course with difficult fences in difficult positions."

Fences 5a-b, fence 9 to triple combination 10a-b-c, and final fence 13 fell many times, in several cases a reflection of the tight distances in the track. Palacios predicted these tests, saying, "The line of the triple combination always catches some. I also think the double with its color and position will be challenging. The lines will require an accurate track or the riders will produce faults."

However, the standout element of this class was the time allowed. Given a speedy 76 seconds over a 13-effort course, nearly half of the class had time faults. It looked to be a race to the top between the time-faulters until the 20th in the order stepped in the ring.

Aboard Guillermo Zambrano's Chepepe La Escondida, Fernando Martinez produced the first clear round of the class in a time of 72.66.

Martinez was the single clear until the fourth-to-last entry, Gabriella Salick on her own Centuria 2, made it a jump-off with a clear round in a time of 73.50.

The jump-off included some of the most technical components of the courses. With a sizzling clear jump-off in a time of 36.43 seconds, Martinez laid down quite a challenge for Salick. She proved up to the task, flying around in a time of 35.13 to take home the win. Martinez earned second on Chepepe La Escondida and third, with just a single time fault, on Acardi (Lorenzo Cue, owner).

An elated Salick elaborated on her quick time as she raced to another ring to assist a client. "The time was difficult for me, because I'm normally quite slow. My horse is little with a small stride, so I really focused on trying to be neat with my turns," she said of her first round. "I think I made up the time in the jump-off down the last line, because I thought I was slower than Fernando everywhere else!"

Today's win with Centuria, an eight-year-old mare Salick has had since she was a foal, was especially sweet because of the audience waiting for her. "I was so happy because my husband and both my daughters were here today. It was the best!"

More Showpark excitement to come over the next two weeks, beginning with the 2014 West Coast Junior Hunter Finals on Monday and Tuesday, followed by the Showpark Racing Festival and Showpark August Festival. Highlights include a $10,000 USHJA International Hunter Derby, the $40,000 Racing Festival Grand Prix, a $10,000 Youngsters U25 (under 25) Classic and a $25,000 Markel Insurance 1.40m Grand Prix.

$30,000 Summer Festival Grand Prix, presented by Mary's Tack & Feed
    Place - Number - Horse - Rider - Owner - Faults/Time
    1 - 236 - Centuria 2 - Gabriella Salick - Gabriella Salick - 0/0/35.130
    2 - 732 - Chepepe La Escondida - Fernando Martinez - Guillermo Zambrano - 0/0/36.435
    3 - 729 - Acardi - Fernando Martinez - Lorenzo Cue - 1/76.344
    4 - 777 - Cassina 39 - Paige Beal-Andros - Fairway Farm - 2/77.054
    5 - 704 - Paloma - Keri Potter - Melanie Brooks - 2/77.380
    6 - 417 - Chello Z - Josephina Nor Lantzman - Josephina Nor Stables, LLC - 4/71.433
    7 - 755 - Manolito Fortuna - Manuel Alvarez - Manuel Alvarez - 4/73.368
    8 - 754 - Spirit Magic - Manuel Alvarez - Manuel Alvarez - 4/74.898
    9 - 745 - Candela - Patricio Pasquel- Patricio Pasquel - 4/75.105
    10 - 746 - Carnaval - Patricio Pasquel - Patricio Pasquel - 4/75.685
    11 - 654 - Go For Me - Santiago Vallarta - Santiago Vallarta - 6/77.308
    12 - 631 - Chatinue - Mario Onate - Mario Onate - 7/82.035

Photo courtesy of CapturedMomentPhoto.com

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Gabriel...aid=KXa_ijGBzs0

7.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator
    ok
    +110

Status
    Holding the Reins of Success : Gabriella Salick of Hidden Valley keeps proving she has the skills to make the jump to the U.S. Olympic Equestrian Team.

At her first international horse show eight years ago, Gabriella Salick, then 13, was so excited to see her name on a scoreboard that she fell off her horse--before the competition began.

Salick, who left her family's horse ranch in Hidden Valley last week to return to her studies at Princeton University, now competes at the highest level of show jumping in tournaments throughout Europe and the United States. She rode for the U.S. team last month during a competition in Dublin, Ireland, one of the largest events of the international horse show community.

The kind of skill and composure Salick demonstrated in Ireland will help in her goal to earn a coveted spot on the four-member U.S. Olympic Equestrian Team, said her trainer of four years, Timothy Grubb, himself a three-time Olympic rider and two-time silver medalist.

But having the best horse and individual athletic ability won't help if a rider is too nervous to concentrate, he said.

"Gaby was exposed to 60,000 people in the stands in Dublin, and she came through ice cold," he said. "She shows she has the mental toughness to compete at the Olympic level."

A series of eight Olympic trials over three months begins next April on the East Coast. At each event, Salick and the other 30 to 35 competitors will be asked to take their horses through a series of jumps over a course they have never seen before.

She could lose points each time her horse knocks down a rail or refuses a jump, said Sally Ike, director of show jumping activities for the U.S. Olympics.

"The jumps must be clean and at a certain speed," she said. "But Gaby is young and she has made a wonderful beginning in a very, very competitive sport. We're looking for great things from her."

Nevertheless, Ike added, there are no guarantees. It's all a matter of performance. "It's anybody's game," she said.

Salick--who prefers Gabriella, "Gaby was fine when I was younger"-- wants to be in that game and she's willing to work for it, hard.

Every morning, she rises early to ride for two to three hours with a pair of horses she keeps in New Jersey. Then she attends classes as a senior at Princeton, where her studies of the classics have earned her an A-average.

In the evening, she goes to practice for the school's tae kwon do team, a sport in which she holds a black belt. Then she hits the books.

"I don't get much sleep, probably three to four hours a night," Salick admits.

But she's hardly complaining. Salick counts herself fortunate to have the support of her father, a Los Angeles physician, and family to be able to pursue her interests.

"The classics are my passion," she said during a recent interview at the family ranch, while fondly stroking a 17-hand-high gray Holsteiner named Sarasota. "But show jumping is my life. It's the thing I love most--aside from my family."

Every day during a brief stay this summer at the family's sprawling Sandstone ranch, where a white wooden fence surrounds oak-shaded grounds with flowering shrubs, Salick has practiced with Sarasota, her first competition horse and the one she fell from eight years ago in Canada.

"It would be wonderful to represent my country in the Olympics," Salick said from atop Sarasota's saddle, her long, light brown hair tucked under a black felt riding helmet. "It's the big dream of everyone who competes horses."

But Salick said she also hopes one day to teach at a university or to write a book in comparative grammar and the linguistics of Sanskrit poetry. She said she has other goals in her life that are at least as important.

"At the end of it all, (the Olympics) are a big horse show, but just another horse show," she said. "It would be just as meaningful to me to know that I had learned and progressed. Otherwise, it would be empty."

With that, Salick took Sarasota slowly through his warm-up paces inside the white corral, before the two of them breezed over a white jump fence.

At 15 and semi-retired after years as Salick's show horse, Sarasota needs more time to warm up than younger horses, she said.

"He's been such a good horse. His job now is to be safe and happy," she said, patting his cheek and fussing with the hair in his forelock turned gray with age.

But she stopped short of saying that he was her favorite mount.

She took both his long ears in her gloved hands to shield him from her words: "I have two horses at school in New Jersey I'm very close to," she said.

Although Sarasota is an older horse, he goes to his workouts willingly with his mistress, said Nathan Hendrix, an assistant trainer at Sandstone, which also sells and trains Holsteiners.

"To do the big stuff she does, you really have to have the horse's permission," Hendrix said.

The oldest of three girls, Gabriella Salick has a close bond with her sisters, Elizabeth, 18, and Anna-Martine, 15. In fact, she has a tattoo on her wrist identical to one worn by one of her sisters.

http://articles.latimes.com/1995-09-18/loc...abriella-salick

http://capslock-house.livejournal.com/615310.html

EVVoHzml
    7zFG34cl

6 replies since 16/6/2007, 22:44   1432 views