1.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator
    ok
    +110

Status
    @ Wikipedia

Cattura_32

Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce è una serie televisiva statunitense trasmessa dal 2 dicembre 2014 al 19 luglio 2018 sul canale Bravo e basata sulla serie di libri Girlfriends' Guides di Vicki Iovine.
    In Italia, la serie va in onda dal 21 novembre 2015 su Premium Stories, mentre in chiaro viene trasmessa dal 4 settembre 2016 su La 5.

TRAMA

Abby McCarthy è una quarantenne che scrive libri sulla vita delle persone. Di fronte a un divorzio, però, lei nasconde la sua situazione e cerca di iniziare una nuova vita a Los Angeles con la consulenza degli altri amici divorziati.

CAST

Abby McCarthy, interpretata da Lisa Edelstein
    Phoebe Conte, interpretata da Beau Garrett
    Delia Banai, interpretata da Necar Zadegan
    Jake Novak, interpretato da Paul Adelstein
    Lyla Straley, interpretata da Janeane Garofalo
    Jo Hernandez-Frumpkis, interpretata da Alanna Ubach
    Barbara Sawyer, interpretata da Retta
    Becca Riley, interpretata da Julianna Guill
    Max McCarthy, interpretato da Patrick Heusinger
    Ford, interpretato da J. August Richards
    Will, interpretato da Warren Christie
    Albert, interpretato da Brian Markinson
    Gordon Beech, interpretato da Matthew Glave
    Marco, interpretato da Brandon Jay McLaren
    JD, interpretato da Aaron Staton
    Katherine Miller, interpretata da Jean Smart
    Dr. Harris, interpretato da Mark Valley
    Rob Frumpkis, interpretato da Maury Sterling
    Scott, interpretato da Will Kemp
    Charlene, interpretata da Megan Hilty
    Ralf, interpretato da Charles Mesure
    Mike Brady, interpretato da James Lesure
    Gemma, interpretata da Daisy Betts
    Cat, interpretata da Carrie Fisher
    Kori Wingo, interpretato da Suke Kaiser
    Annie, interpretata da Bernadette Peters
    Adele Northrop, interpretata da Laverne Cox
    Carl, interpretato da Victor Webster
    George, interpretato da Barry Bostwick
    Dina, interpretata da Lesley Ann Warren
    Darrell, interpretato da Malcolm-Jamal Warner
    Kathie Lee Gifford (se stessa)
    Hoda Kotb (se stessa)
    Kyle Richards (se stessa)
    Merete, interpretata da Jessica Clark
    Temple Hampton, interpretata da Denise Richards

CITAZIONE
    Lisa Edelstein sarà la protagonista del pilot della nuova serie del canale BRAVO, 'Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce'.

Il format è prodotto dalla Universal Cable Productions dell'autore e produttore Marti Noxon, ed è basato sulla serie di libri del produttore Vicki Iovine.

La serie si incentra su un'autrice di libri con l'intento di istruire i lettori su un paio di problemi personali, che segretamente nasconde la sua separazione dal marito mentre inizia ad abituarsi ad essere madre single a 40 anni a Los Angeles. Inizia ad accettare di più i consigli dei suoi amici divorziati piuttosto che di quelli sposati.

https://houseoftelefilm.forumfree.it/?t=67003289

By SpoilerTV

Foto promozionale

141112045334268239_100_cw100_ch100_thumb

Edited by sweetest thing - 16/11/2019, 11:25

2.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator
    ok
    +110

Status
    Lisa Edelstein Finger Ad Too Hot For New York, Los Angeles

60b918365058604

Posters advertising Lisa Edelstein’s new television show Girlfriend’s Guide to Divorce have been taken down for supposedly being too provocative. They were banned from subways and buses in New York and Los Angeles for being “inappropriate.”

Apparently people were shocked by the image of Edelstein holding up her right ring finger, with a tan line where a wedding ring should b,e mistaking this for the actress giving them the finger.

The show, which airs on Bravo, is about a best-selling author of a self-help book series who is secretly hiding her separation from her husband as she starts to navigate her life as a single woman again in her 40′s.

“Why is it racy? Why is a woman holding up her ring finger saying, ‘Go find yourself’ so offensive?” Edelstein asked during an interview with TheWrap.

“[Especially] when there are posters out there of needles going through eyeballs, and dead bodies and women’s asses and boobs hanging out with the nipples holding onto fabric for dear life?” said the 48 year old actress.

There have also been condemnations of the new show’s subject matter from some quarters.

“I heard one news report saying that it’s a show that threatens the very fabric of our society, because … it was disparaging to the sanctity of marriage. But, this is a show that’s very much about relationships.”

Edelstein, best known for playing Dr. Cuddy on House told Channel Guide Magazine about her new show, “I felt like everything I’ve ever gotten to do professionally was training ground for this job — because all of it applied. I am 48 years old and this is the best job I have ever had. That’s really exciting for women. Everything I have done and learned, I get to apply here. And I’m a grownup — I’ve done and learned a lot!”

Edelstein just got married for the first time this past April.

http://jewishbusinessnews.com/2014/11/16/l...rk-los-angeles/

Girlfriends Guide To Divorce: Marti Noxon and Lisa Edelstein on Bravo’s bold new dramedy

How you relate to Bravo’s new Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce will likely depend not on how you feel about The Big D itself, but how you feel about your own romantic connections — or lack thereof. And that’s just how the show’s creator Marti Noxon intended it.

“For me, this show is much more about what it’s like to be men and women right now — and right now it’s really complicated,” says Noxon, who took over for Joss Whedon as showrunner on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, then worked with Shonda Rhimes on Private Practice, Matthew Weiner on Mad Men and Ryan Murphy on Glee on her way to crafting Girlfriends’ Guide. “In Episode 2, I basically wrote the thesis statement — the Delia character just lays it out there. She’s like, ‘Look. How long, in the span of history, have women had the capacity to have more power in their relationship than men?’ It’s a sliver, a moment, right? And we have no handbook. Men don’t know how to deal with it. Women don’t know how to deal with it.”

Loosely based on the Girlfriends’ Guide book series by Noxon’s co-executive producer Vicki Iovine (former wife of music impresario Jimmy Iovine) and informed by Noxon’s own experiences as a 40-something divorcée, the 13-episode series is an unflinching, often moving examination of the myriad ways modern men and women relate to one other within — and without — the bonds of marriage. And if you’re willing to check your knee-jerk sensitivities at the door, there’s therapy to be had here … in abundance.

“I found that Vicki’s voice was a great entry point,” Noxon explains. “And if we could have that franchise behind us, it meant that the people who were familiar with her work would understand that this is going to be funny, this is going to frank and this going to be brutally honest. But it’s also not going to be a drag. We’re not going to tell you that you’re the worst because this happened. We’re going to be like, yeah, this happened … so what next?”

Lisa Edelstein, who showed off a knack for emotion-driven dramedy on FOX’s long-running House and was Noxon’s first choice for her lead, is splendid as self-help author Abby McCarthy, whose lucrative book empire hinges on the public’s perception of her longtime marriage — a union that is about to crash to a very public end. Having discovered a cozy email exchange between his wife and another man, and feeling unappreciated in his Mr. Mom role, Abby’s husband Jake (a pitch-perfect Paul Adelstein) is not-so-secretly — or frugally — courting a much younger actress, sneaking home at dawn so the couple’s two kids don’t realize that Daddy doesn’t live there anymore.

“I felt like everything I’ve ever gotten to do professionally was training ground for this job — because all of it applied,” says Edelstein, who wed for the first time in May. “I am 48 years old and this is the best job I have ever had. That’s really exciting for women. Everything I have done and learned, I get to apply here. And I’m a grownup — I’ve done and learned a lot!”

Edelstein also welcomed a directive from NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment Group chief Bonnie Hammer instructing her not to have any work done on her face. “I found it interesting that in her mind she had to send that message, because I don’t touch my face anyway,” Edelstein says. “But I also found it interesting that it was what she wanted. I feel very beautiful and very celebrated on the show, but you do see my age and I really, really appreciate that.”

To help her negotiate her suddenly single status, the flummoxed Abby surrounds herself with a network of fellow divorcées, including ruthless attorney Lyla (Janeane Garofalo) who is locked in a fierce cash-and-custody battle with her own ex, and free-spirited young Phoebe (Beau Garrett) whose former husband cheerfully supplements her already hefty settlement if she throws in a booty call now and then. Certain their pal just needs one good trip ’round the bases to score her mojo back, they take Abby to a club on the eve of her latest book signing, setting in motion a series of events that write the intro to the next chapter of the author’s life.

“A lot of people compare the show to Sex and the City but a decade later, and I’m like, yeah, except in Sex and the City, their jobs and their economic power was kind of irrelevant,” Noxon says. “There was an episode where Carrie wanted to buy the apartment next to hers and she needed to borrow money. I loved that show — especially in the later years, I thought it got really nuanced — but I was like, ‘Sell your shoes!’ [Laughs] She had a closet full of shoes that were probably worth a zillion dollars and that never occurs to her?! I’m like, that’s not real life! Real life is, if you’re a woman trying to raise a family and make money, you’re constantly trying to figure out the balance between being indulgent and what’s going to feed your flippin’ kids! If there is a defining thing about our show, it’s that there is an economic imperative — it reflects right now, where most women either have to have a career or they want one.”

So while divorce is now a common denominator in most folks’ inner circles, Noxon realizes that we’re still not that great about talking about everything it entails. “I feel like this shift has happened so fast, and we don’t have a language for it yet,” she says. “My goal for the show is, let’s just start that conversation: This is weird, right?”

Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce premieres Tuesday, Dec. 2 on Bravo.

THE COWORKERS’ GUIDE TO “GIRLFRIENDS'”
    In which Ryan Berenz (11 years into Marriage No. 1, two preschool boys) and Lori Acken (nine years into Marriage No. 2, four grown kids) debate a few quagmires revealed in the Girlfriends premiere.

Is it cool if the missus is the breadwinner?

He said: Stay-at-home dads are awesome. Seriously dudes, support your spouse’s success and let her bring home the bacon (mmmm, bacon!). Plus, when people see me out with my boys at 2pm on a Tuesday, they exalt me.

She said: Stay-at-home dads ARE awesome. Stay-at-home moms are awesome. Financial stability and good benefits are the awesome-est. Resentment in either direction? Not awesome.

Is a strictly e-affair still an affair?

He said: Yeah, it is. Even if you never physically see or touch the person you’re texting or Skyping, you’re still betraying your spouse’s trust and looking elsewhere for fulfillment.

She said: Simple: Could you have the same conversations with any of your other non-romantic friends? No way? No-no.

Is it OK to lie to the kids?

He said: Not only is it OK to lie, it’s your duty as a parent. There’s the Truth, then there’s “the truth” we have to tell our kids to protect them from the horrors of adulthood. You can wait until their 18th birthday to tell them that you’re not really Batman.

She said: About Santa Claus, Ryan not being Batman or, say, a black hole sucking up their stuff if they don’t clean their @#$% room, sure. About what’s going down with Mom and Dad? Never assume they’re clueless, no matter what their age.

Are pajama pants acceptable drop-off wear?

He said: Regrettably, no. School drop-off time may be the only time the other parents see you, and because you are self-conscious and insecure, you know that Sophia’s mom is totally judging your entire character — and your child’s — based upon this.

She said: The hell with Sophia’s mom. If the kid is properly dressed, I call it a win.

Is it weird to like the smell of one’s own farts?

He said: No. It is the purest, most primal form of entertainment. Enjoy.

She said: Uh, ew.

http://www.channelguidemagblog.com/index.p...ys-marti-noxon/

3.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator
    ok
    +110

Status
    Video

4.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator
    ok
    +110

Status
    Da THR

Il canale Bravo ha deciso di rinnovare per una II stagione GIRLFRIENDS' GUIDE TO DIVORCE'!

5.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator
    ok
    +110

Status
    Da Deadline

bc5dca414660778 037d3d414660794

Will Kemp e Daniel Lissing sono entrati nel cast della II stagione di GIRLFRIENDS' GUIDE TO DIVORCE.

Kemp sarà Scott, un carismatico pasticcere vegano nel negozio di Jo.

Lissing sarà Payton, un amico attore dell'infanzia di Becca.

6.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator
    ok
    +110

Status
    ...In "Premium Stories" tante serie dal medical di "Night Shift", al prison comedy/drama già cult "Orange is the new Black", alle spy stories di "Allegiance" e "State of Affairs". Queste ultime due sono le nuove serie la prima con protagonisti una coppia sposata di ex spie russe; la seconda con Katherine Heigl, la dottoressa Stevens di "Grey's Anatomy", impegnata anche in veste di produttrice. C'è anche il family unconventional "Satisfaction" fino ad arrivare ai light drama di "Mysteries of Laura" con Debra Messing di "Will&Grace" e al light romance di "Girlfriends' guide to divorce" con Lisa Edelstein di "Dr. House" o alla serie con venature soap "Chasing Life". Tra gli altri titoli in cartellone a breve: la quinta stagione inedita di "Shameless", la sesta inedita di "Pretty Little Liars" e la settima inedita di "Royal Pains".

http://www.rtl.it/notizie/articoli/premium...e-nuovi-canali/

7.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator
    ok
    +110

Status
    By https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a....=3&l=6eb5bf8be3

1502840_864793166908870_4007454010176746959_o 1517450_864793120242208_6151550693923611806_n

1779276_864793170242203_3678860034403627713_n 10341523_864793206908866_311951514202377463_n

11063635_864793066908880_4702244579629312549_n 11210417_864793056908881_5628734568973732832_n

11666257_864061416982045_2766991971343591643_n 11703079_864793040242216_487045116169158923_n

8.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator
    ok
    +110

Status
    @LisaEdelstein

#GG2D #supergoodfunawesometimes @adelsteinPaul @adel64 @BravoGG2D
    CJf3q_l_UMAEan_Sv

9.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator
    ok
    +110

Status
    Da EW

imagesdownloadimages_1

Megan Hilty, Maury Sterling e Aaron Staton sono entrati nel cast della II stagione di GIRLFRIENDS' GUIDE TO DIVORCE.

Hilty sarà Charlene, una bellezza del Sud che è sposata con Frumpkis, l'ex marito di Jo.

Sterling sarà Frumpkis, che va a Los Angeles per vedere sua figlia.

Staton sarà JD, un interesse amoroso per una delle donne dello show.

10.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator
    ok
    +110

Status
    Da TVLine

CITAZIONE
    Divorce has become a booming business for Bravo.
    The cabler has taken the unusual step of renewing Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce for three more seasons, ensuring that the Marti Noxon-created, Lisa Edelstein-fronted comedy will be around through at least Season 5.

Bravo ha deciso di rinnovare GIRLFRIENDS' GUIDE TO DIVORCE per ulteriori 3 stagioni!

11.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator
    ok
    +110

Status
    In this week’s overview of what’s shooting in Vancouver, the coincidental unifying thread of these highlights is that they’re all TV series with strong women—some of them even with superhuman strength.

(In other words, don’t tick them off.)

First up, there’s Bravo’s comedy-drama TV series Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce, which will be shooting Seasons 3, 4, and 5 in town from August 15 to November 2.

http://www.insidevancouver.ca/2016/07/18/v...rgirl-and-more/

12.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator
    ok
    +110

Status
    @ https://www.facebook.com/pg/girlfriendsgui...159324847455699

Foto promozionali cast 3° stagione

jpg ea93ee516528148 9b2c3c516528149 jpg ae68c8516528155 db87f1516528157 c970e9516528163 9dab3f516528169 d699bc516528175 jpg 0ad9bc516528186

13.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator
    ok
    +110

Status
    @ EW

CITAZIONE
    Bravo’s Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce will open its penultimate chapter on a new night, Thursday, when Season 4 arrives on Aug. 17 at 10/9c.

La 4° stagione di GG2D inizierà il 17 agosto!

14.     +1   -1

Group
    Administrator
    ok
    +110

Status
    @ TVLine

La 5° e ultima stagione di GG2D inizierà il 15 giugno!

13 replies since 14/11/2014, 00:15   178 views