+1   -1

Group
    Administrator
    ok
    +110

Status
    Grazie a Nightdog Barks per la dritta:

Gaby Salick wins Memorial Day Grand Prix

"I went as fast as I thought I could," said Gaby Salick of her jump off ride aboard Gredo la Daviere at the $25,000 Memorial Day Classic Grand Prix (May 25, 2009). "I figured I would finish about third since I went second in the jump off and there were twelve." What Salick did not bargain for was the win, and she was thrilled. "I’ve never won a grand prix at the Los Angeles Equestrian Center and there are always the best crowds." Even more gratifying for Salick was the fact that her parents were in attendance and her four month old daughter, Eleanor.

After returning from time in Europe, Salick decided to focus on developing a jumper training business at her family’s ranch. Although she was pregnant with her first child, she wasn’t expecting four months of bed rest. "I am kind of re-building my business and figuring things out, but I really want to focus on jumpers." Salick’s pregnancy proved good timing for her 15 year old gelding Gredo la Daviere. The horse jumped for Greece at the 2004 Olympics (Athens) and after Salick purchased him in 2007 she struggled with soundness issues. Her pregnancy related bed rest served Gredo la Daviere well and the pair have jumped several grand prix courses in the past months. "After ‘our’ maternity leave he has come back fit and fresh," laughed Salick. "Today’s course was a lovely track and very friendly."

Resto dell'articolo

6 replies since 16/6/2007, 22:44   1439 views